High Temp Gasketing
Graphite fibers with a nitrile binder.
BenefitsHeat and oxidation resistance
- Graphite fiber gasketing withstands extreme temperatures and pressures, as well as many chemicals
- Passed Garlock Fire tests, and is ABS Fire Safe Type Approved
- Unique manufacturing process minimizes cold flow and creep relaxation problems
- Ideal for standard ANSI flanged connectors, as well as turbine crossover piping connectors
- Multiple applications in power generation, chemical processing, hydrocarbon processing, and other industries
- Steam*, oils, grease, water, heat transfer fluids+
*Minimum recommended assembly stress = 4,800psi. Preferred assembly stress = 6,000-10,000psi. Gasket thickness of 1/16" strongly preferred. Retorque the bolts/studs prior to pressurizing the assembly. For saturated steam above 150psig, consult Garlock Engineering.
|Min. Temperature:||-100 (°F)|
|Max. Temperature:||1000 (°F)|
|Continuous Max:||650 (°F)|
|Max. Pressure:||2000 (PSI)|
|Maximum PxT 1/16:||700,000 (°F x PSIG)|
|Maximum PxT 1/8:||350,000 (°F x PSIG)|