The Garlock patented cup and cone design of die-formed graphite rings—used in 9000 EVSP®, QUICKSET® 9001 valve packing sets, and DSA-series pump packing sets—provides superior performance compared to flat, die-formed rings.
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- I.D. and O.D.-specific pure graphite rings provide low friction and superior sealing at high temperatures
- The cup & cone design increases radial expansion of the sealing rings up to 1/8in / 3.2 mm or more
- Better sealing and room for later adjustment prolongs the life of the packing
- Varying density of the graphite rings allows for direct loading of the center seal rings by the gland follower
- Min. Temperature: -328°F / -200°C
- Max. Temperature: 850°F / 455°C