The graphite-containing INCONEL® filament reinforces the packing to handle BWR (General Electric) and PWR (Westinghouse, Combustion Engineering, and Babcock Wilcox) valve service conditions as an end-ring material for use with other graphite products. Style 1398 can also be used as a bushing material in the bottom of the stuffing box to fill any excess depth not needed for sealing components.
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- High-purity graphite, contains no PTFE
- Suitable material for end rings or as a bushing to fill excess stuffing box depth
- Garlock style 1398 can be certified to GE Spec. D50YP12 Rev. 2
- Min. Temperature: -328°F / -200°C
- Max. Temperature: 850°F / 455°C
- Max. Valve Pressure: 3,000 psi / 206.8 bar
- Nuclear Grade
INCONEL is a registered trademark of Huntington Alloys Corporation.