Garlock has expanded their Ultra Low Emissions family of products to include a spiral wound gasket. The FLEXSEAL® ULE is designed for use where leakage control is critical and the aggressive application requires a spiral wound design.
This gasket is manufactured using high performance graphite, and offers maximum protection against oxidation. The standard design includes an inner ring and outer ring, as well as preformed metal wire to enhance compressability and sealability. The FLEXSEAL® ULE spiral wound gasket is another product born from Garlock’s customer driven innovation.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- API 6FB - Gasket average leak rate recorded of 1.4 ml/min
- Low Emissions (CFET) - Provides average gasket leakage rates of 10 PPM (parts per million)
- Oxidation Resistance Offers maximum protection against gasket oxidation for greater reliability and longer service life
- No aging or fatigue under dynamic load, even at elevated temperatures
- Manufacturability - Available in standard lead-time
- Thermal Cycling Applications - The compressibility and recovery of high performance graphite, combined with custom winding technology, provide excellent chemical resistance and performance. The gaskets operate uncompromised in a wide temperature range
- Industries where stringent fugitive emission requirements are found
- Pressurized process equipment with evaporated sources, such as waste water treatment and storage tanks.
- Standard Flexseal Spiral Wound configurations: RW/RWI/
- Materials and dimensions per ASME B16.20
- Gasket materials available include various series 300 stainless, Hastelloy®*, Inconel®** and titanium, custom materials are also available
*Hastelloy is a registered trademark of Haynes International, Inc. **Inconel is a registered trademark of Inco Alloys International, Inc.