The FLEXSEAL® RW is engineered for ASME flanges with metal windings, filler material, and a centering ring. Style RW offers excellent general purpose performance for raised face flanges. Its durable construction and consistent compression deliver superior safety and exceptional sealing performance.
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- Easy installation and removal
- Seals pressures to flange ratings, in accordance with ASME B16.5
- Suited to temperatures from cryogenic to 2000°F / 1093°C, depending on metal and filler
- Custom-tailored solutions accommodate a variety of conditions by combining various metals and filler materials
- Centering ring accurately locates the gasket on the flange face, provides additional radial strength, and acts as a compression limiter
- Spiral winding (sealing element) consists of preformed metal and soft filler material
- NOTE: Per ASME B16.20 all spiral wound gaskets for ASME B16.5 or B16.47 flanges are made with outer and inner rings (FLEXSEAL® RWI) unless specified by the customer at the time of order.
When ordering specify:
- Nominal pipe size and pressure rating
- Winding material
- Filler material
- Centering ring material