Style 208 is a U-type expansion joint constructed of specialty rubber and fabric. Available in round or rectangular configurations, it is used as a flexible connector between a turbine and condenser, or other similar applications, requiring external flange connection.
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- Lab and field tested
- Engineered to insure long life and reliable service
- Externally flanged, primarily for vacuum service
- Also recommended to reduce vibration and noise on lightweight piping, e.g. for carrying coal-laden air to pulverized coal burners
- Temperature*: to +250°F / +120°C
- Pressure: to 29.9in Hg / 25 psig / 1.7 bar
- Available in round or rectangular configurations
* For recommendations for specific applications, including range of available elastomers, consult Garlock.
- For connections between a turbine and condenser, or other similar applications.