Style 9394 Low Pressure Expansion Joints
- Style/Model: Style 9394
- ADI/TSE Free: No
- API 589 Compliant: No
- API607Compliant: No
- API622Compliant: No
- DFARS Compliant: No
- FDA Compliant: No
- Fire Safe: No
- KTW Compliant: No
- NSF® 61 Certified: No
- Oxygen Service: No
- REACH Compliant: No
- RoHS Compliant: No
- Shipping Weight: 0 lbs
- USDA Approved: No
- USP VI 661 Compliant: No
- USP VI 87 Compliant: No
- USP VI 88 Compliant: No
This multi-convoluted, lightweight expansion joint is designed for low pressure applications that require significant amounts of movement, axially and/or laterally. Its low spring rates make it ideal for air handling, load cell, bin activators, vibrating bins, silos, and pellet/dough hopper applications.
Available Liner Materials:
Chlorobutyl (Standard), ABRA-LINE™, ABRA-SHIELD®, Natural Rubber, FKM (Fluoroelastomer), CSM, SURE-TEC™, EPDM, FDA EPDM, HNBR (Hydrogenated Nitrile), Nitrile, DETECTOMER® FDA Nitrile, Neoprene, FDA Neoprene.
- Without external reinforcing rings: up to 3 psi / 0.2 bar
- With external reinforcing rings: up to 15 psi / 1.0 bar
- Without internal reinforcing rings: up to 3 in Hg / 75 mm Hg
- With internal reinforcing rings: up to 15 in Hg / 381 mm Hg
- Contact Garlock if higher vacuum or pressure ratings are required
- 3/4in / 19 mm axial compression per convolution
- 5/8in / 16 mm axial elongation per convolution
- 5/8in / 16 mm lateral deflection per convolution
- Movements are non-concurrent. Larger convolutions are available to provide more movement.
- Contact Garlock if above listed movements need to be exceeded.
NOTE: Flanged designs require retaining rings for an effective seal. Sleeve type requires clamps; the overall length of the expansion joint should include an additional 4in / 101.6 mm for clamping space.
Contact Garlock to for additional information and assistance with specifying the product for the application.
Features and Benefits:
- Lightweight design installs easily and costs less to ship
- Can be custom-designed for even greater movement capability
- Choice of construction materials suitable for wide range of temperatures
- Available in flanged or sleeve type design, up to 48in / 1219 mm ID
- Air handling
- Load cell
- Bin activators
- Vibrating bins
- Pellet/dough hoppers