Combines Style 98 carbon packing and GRAPH-LOCK® cup and cone die-formed rings to form a nearly chemically inert set.
The 9000-EVSP® Simplified set expands radially when the gland is tightened, creating a positive valve stem OD seal as well as stuffing box ID seal.
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- Patented “cup and cone” design permits selective component compression and controlled radial flow for effective sealing of I.D. and O.D.
- End rings act as wiper rings to restrict graphite particle transfer, prevent extrusion and provide extra resiliency
- Patented cup and cone design can provide sealability in valves as shallow as three-ring cross sections
- For deep stuffing boxes requiring more than a 7-ring set, machined / split carbon bushings can shorten the box depth
- Grade 250 (Style #4525) for general services
- Grade 580 (Style #4540) for nuclear services
- Choice of end rings: Style 98 (general service) or Styles G-700 or 1398 (nuclear service)
- Min. Temperature: -328°F / -200°C
- Max. Temperature: 850°F / 455°C
- Max. Valve Pressure: 10,000 psi / 689.5 bar
- Hydrocarbon industry processing
- Any valve application where elimination of encrustation, chemical attack, or health hazard is required
- Custom Design Capability