This engineered set is configured to offer consistent sealing performance over a wide temperature range in shallow stuffing boxes. The compact design of QUICKSET® helps reduce valve stem friction over other taller set designs, resulting in a more efficient, less costly use of plant resources to control actuated valves.
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- QUICKSET® version configured to offer consistent sealing performance over a wide temperature range in shallow stuffing boxes.
- Field proven Garlock “Cup and Cone” design allowing radial expansion and conformability to accommodate valves that may not be in ideal condition.
- Excellent oxidation resistance in high temperature steam applications.
- Well suited to seal new and older control valves. Desired operational performance can often be achieved without the expenses of bringing the valves back to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Provides a high level of sealing with less stem friction compared to braided ring or taller sets. Plant resources to control actuated valves can therefore be used more efficiently and economically.
- Min. Temperature: -328°F / -200°C
- Max. Temperature: 850°F / 455°C
- Max. Valve Pressure: 10,000 psi / 689.5 bar
- Shallow stuffing boxes
- QUICKBUSHING® bushings in matching sizes can retrofit deeper stuffing boxes.
- Fire Tested to API-589, API-607*
*NOTE: API-607 4th Ed.