GARFLEX® 8100 expansion joints feature rugged yet flexible nylon cord reinforcement in a molded spherical bellows design that ensures an exceptional burst pressure rating. The streamlined flowing arch design reduces turbulence and allows smooth, quiet flow-no need to fill the arch and restrict its movement.
GARFLEX® 8100 meets the requirements of ASTM F1123 and Navy/Coast Guard Specification 46CFR56.60-25(E).
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- Flowing arch design prevents sediment buildup and reduces turbulence
- Floating flanges can be rotated to accommodate torsional misalignment
- Molded spherical bellows accommodate up to one inch of axial movement and transverse deflection
- Nylon-reinforced nitrile tube earns high pressure rating without sacrificing flexibility
- Resists most hydrocarbons, oils, and gasoline
- Supplied silicone-free
- Min. Temperature: -20°F / -29°C
- Max. Temperature: 230°F / 110°C
- Max. Pressure: 232 psi / 16 bar
- Max. Inner Diameter: 12 in. / 300 mm
- Vacuum Rate: 23in. Hg / 575 mm Hg
- ASTM F1123
- Navy/Coast Guard Specification 46CFR56.60-25(E)
- ABS Type Approval
- Tube — Nitrile bellows with rugged nylon tire cord reinforcement ensure strength yet flexibility. Incorporates a flowing arch design to eliminate product buildup.
- Cover — Homogeneous layer of neoprene coated with a protectant withstands weathering and ozone
- Flanges — Zinc-coated ductile iron flanges are corrosion resistant