GUARDIAN™ bearing isolators offer exceptional bearing protection for pumps, motors, and bearing supported industrial equipment under the harshest conditions.
Garlock is pleased to announce the offering of the GUARDIAN™ bearing isolator in additional sizes of 12 to 24 inches for your larger applications. We call it the GUARDIAN™ XL. We offer 7 day lead times in order to assist you with your needs.
GUARDIAN™ products are composed of a patented Cam-Lock design and patented unitizing ring. This unique design eliminates the metal-to-metal contact between rotor and stator that causes vibration and misalignment which causes traditional O-rings to shred.
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- Easy by hand installation — no need for an arbor press
- Uses less energy than contact lip seals
- Compliant with safety and industry manufacturing standards
- Non-contact engineered labyrinth design reduces shaft drag
- Lifetime bearing protection increases mean time between failure (MBTF)
- Extended bearing life
- Consistent sealing performance
- Non-wearing components
- Garlock’s patented Unitizing Ring eliminates metal to metal contact between stator and rotor.
- Engineered labyrinth designs exclude contamination while retaining bearing lubrication, to IP 66 ratings
- Non-wearing components means seal properties are not degraded over time
- Faster mean time to repair (MTTR) during rebuilds
- Eliminates repairs for shaft grooving
- Eliminates repairs for seal housings
- Surpasses IEEE 841-2001 Standards
- IP 65-66 rating per NEMA MG 1-2003, see GUARDIAN™ configuration table
- API 610 compliant bronze construction (standard)
- 316 SS construction available upon request
- Flanged (Split and Solid)
- Small Cross Section Flanged (Solid)- Fits in c/s as small as 0.188in. (4.76 mm)
- Flangeless (Solid)- Does not extend past face of housing
- Narrow Width Flangeless (Solid)
- Steam Turbine (Solid)
- Step Shaft (Split and Solid)- Custom designed for applications where the shaft has a step
- Split Pillow Block Housings (Split and Solid)
- Vertical (Solid)- Vertical design for top applications
- Surface Mount (Split and Solid)- For electric motors with tight radial spaces
- GUARDIAN™ XL - Standard Flanged and Flangeless
Garlock Patented Cam-Lock Design
The patented Cam-Lock design of the GUARDIAN™ provides excellent bore retention while allowing easy installation by hand, without the need for an arbor press. The interference fit of other designs require special tools for installation and may generate bronze shavings and result in bore scoring.
The patented unitizing element prevents the rotor and stator to contact. The unitizing element also prevents the components from separating during operations which could cause premature failure. The unitizing element is integrated into all KLOZURE metal isolator designs.