The Model 61 is an assembled seal for high-pressure applications. Its GYLON® element offers excellent chemical resistance. Dry running up to 800 fpm (3.5 m/s). Model 61 is the perfect product when pressure, or chemicals are present. Using many different blends of GYLON® material, the Model 61 can handle some of the harshest chemicals found in industry. Garlock produces GYLON® in a process that has been specially developed.
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- Assembled seal for high-pressure and in extreme vacuum applications
- GYLON® element offers excellent chemical resistance
- Useable in food and pharma applications (FDA)
- Good to excellent dry running capability. Dry running up to 800 fpm (3.5 m/s).
- Wear resistant and low friction
- Minimum Shaft Diameter: 0.438 in. / 11.1 mm
- Maximum BORE Diameter: 20.000 in. / 508.0 mm
- Misalignment and Runout: : 0.005 in @ 2000 fpm / 0.13mm @ 10.2 m/s
- Pressure: To 150 psi / 10 bar
- Material Options: GYLON® Black (Standard) and GYLON® White (FDA)
MODEL 61 STANDARD
The standard Model 61 uses a 316SS case with a GYLON® sealing lip and FKM internal static seal. Any of the specfic materials can be adjusted to handle the application parameters.
MODEL 61 REVERSE LIP
The Model 61 reverse lip configuration is perfect for any FDA application. The reverse lip design gives the seal minimal surface space for bacteria and other contamination to reside.
MODEL 61 DUAL OPPOSED
The Model 61 dual opposed design is excellent for when two seals have historically been used in a back to back configuration. The use of the Model 61 dual opposed allows for lubrication retention and contamination exclusion. The dual opposed design can also be used to keep two medias seperated. The materials of each lip can be adjusted as needed for the application.
MODEL 61 DUAL TANDEM
The Model 61 dual tandem design is excellent for when two seals have historically been used with one seal as a backup seal. The use of the Model 61 dual tandem provides a backup sealing lip to the primary seal in case the first lip was to fail. The materials of each lip can be adjusted as needed for the application.