This multi-convoluted, lightweight expansion joint is designed for low pressure applications that require significant amounts of movement, axially and/or laterally. Its low spring rates make it ideal for air handling, load cell, bin activators, vibrating bins, silos, and pellet/dough hopper applications.
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- Lightweight design installs easily and costs less to ship
- Can be custom-designed for even greater movement capability
- Choice of construction materials suitable for wide range of temperatures
- Available in flanged or sleeve type design, up to 48in / 1219 mm ID
NOTE: Flanged designs require retaining rings for an effective seal. Sleeve type requires clamps; the overall length of the expansion joint should include an additional 4in / 101.6 mm for clamping space.
- Without external reinforcing rings: up to 3 psi / 0.2 bar
- With external reinforcing rings: up to 15 psi / 1.0 bar
- Without internal reinforcing rings: up to 3 in Hg / 75 mm Hg
- With internal reinforcing rings: up to 15 in Hg / 381 mm Hg
- Contact Garlock if higher vacuum or pressure ratings are required
- Air handling
- Load cell
- Bin activators
- Vibrating bins
- Pellet/dough hoppers
For more info on these materials click here.
- ABRA-LINE™: +180°F (+80°C)
- ABRA-SHIELD™: +300°F (+150°C)
- Natural Rubber: +180°F (+80°C)
- FKM (Fluoroelastomer): +400°F (+205°C)
- CSM: +250°F (+120°C)
- EPDM/FDA EPDM: +300°F (+150°C)
- HNBR (Hydrogenated Nitrile): +300°F (+150°C)
- Nitrile/FDA Nitrile: +250°F (+120°C)
- Chlorobutyl (Standard): +250°F (+120°C)
- Neoprene/FDA Neoprene: +250°F (+120°C)
- 3/4in / 19 mm axial compression per convolution
- 5/8in / 16 mm axial elongation per convolution
- 5/8in / 16 mm lateral deflection per convolution
- Movements are non-concurrent. Larger convolutions are available to provide more movement. Contact Garlock if above listed movements need to be exceeded.