Style 98 is manufactured from high purity (95%+ carbon assay) premium carbon staple yarn. Individual yarns are single-end coated and single-end dried prior to braiding with high temperature, non-petroleum-based lubricant with graphite dispersion.
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- Low coefficient of friction for longer equipment life and reduced shaft wear
- High thermal conductivity means process runs cooler and packing lasts longer
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Low chloride certification available
- Min. Temperature -328°F / -200°C
- Max. Temperature: 850°F / 455°C
- Max. Rotary Pump Pressure: 500 psi / 34.5 bar
- Max. Valve Pressure: 2,500 psi / 275.8 bar
- Max. Rotary Pump Speed: 4,000 fpm / 20.32 meters/sec
- No known pressure limits have been determined for Style 98 when combined as end-ring material with die-formed GRAPH-LOCK® center rings.
- Certifiable to less than 200 ppm leachable chlorides on request.