This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us, including when you visit any of our and/or any of our Affiliates’ (as defined below) websites (including any successor URL, sub-domain and/or any syndication of the foregoing, collectively, the “Websites”), including without limitation www.garlock.com, and when you access or use the Garlock distributor portal (our “Portal”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. We refer to our Websites and our Portal cumulatively as our “Services.”
This Policy covers us and each of our affiliated companies, including Garlock of Canada Ltd, Garlock de México SA de CV, Garlock GmbH, PSI Products GmbH, Garlock Singapore Pte Ltd., Garlock Taiwan Corporation, Garlock Sealing Technologies (Shanghai) Co. Ltd., Garlock India Private Limited, Garlock Pty Limited (our “Affiliates”). When we use the terms “Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our” in this Policy, such terms refer to us and our Affiliates, collectively.
This Policy applies to any information we collect through our Services, including any information in any e-mails, posts, texts and other electronic messages between you and our Services, and any information about you transferred to our Services from other websites. This Policy also applies to any information we collect about you when you mail us or e-mail, text or exchange other electronic messages with us or when you interact with messages you receive from us, and any information we collect about you offline but that will be processed by automated means using our Services or other services. This Policy does not apply to any other information we collect by any other means.
Information Collected About You
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, products and services by which they, their household or their devices may be personally identified. All of this information is cumulatively referred to in this Policy as “Personal Information.” Specifically, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information in the last 12 months:
- Identifiers, such as your name, alias, postal address, e-mail address, unique personal or online identifier, IP Address or Mobile Device ID, and account or user name (“Identifiers”)
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies (“Commercial Information”)
- Information related to Internet or other similar network activity, including browsing history, search history, information on your interaction with our Services or advertisements on our Services (“Internet Activity”)
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may automatically collect certain traffic data, usage information, and technical information (collectively, “Technical Information”) about your device, such as your computer’s or device’s operating system and browser type, file information, time stamped logs regarding access times and duration of visits, and the pages of our Services that you visit. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection includes cookies that are stored on your browser or device, small embedded electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) and other types of embedded code. We collect Technical Information to manage our content and to improve users’ use of our Services; to count and review the number of visitors to our Services and their usage patterns; to track key performance indicators such as pages accessed, frequency of access and other statistical information related to our Services (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity); to recognize if a visitor is a return visitor to our Services; to store information about a user’s visits; and to remember a user’s preferences; and for similar purposes in connection with monitoring, maintaining and improving our Services. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts or pages of our Services, or certain parts or features of our Services may not function properly. To learn more about cookies and how to disallow or manage them, go to: www.allaboutcookies.org/.
How We Collect Information
We primarily collect information, including Personal Information, directly from you when you create an account on our Services, complete a purchase via the Portal, correspond with us via telephone or through our Services, request additional services from us (such as customer support services), or report a problem with our Services or our products or services. We also collect certain information automatically as you use our Services or interact with the e-mails and other electronic messages we send to you (see section above titled “Technical Information”).
We may also obtain Personal Information from integrated third-party applications, programs and/or devices that you elect to use in connection with your use of our Services (“Programs”) or from third parties who offer products that can be used in conjunction with our products and services. You should review the third-party privacy policies applicable to information transferred to us from Programs or from such third parties, since they may allow different or broader uses of that information than would be permitted by our Policy.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Information, to:
- Provide our Services and their contents to you.
- Fulfill your order for our products and services.
- Provide you with information, products or services you request from us.
- Process your requests, purchases and transactions via the Services.
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- Verify identity, to assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services.
- Provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries and customer service and support requests, including to investigate and address your concerns and to monitor and improve our responses.
- Personalize your Services experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings related to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Services and via e-mail or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- Help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases and other technology assets and our business.
- Perform research and development activities, which may include, for example, conducting data analyses in order to develop new products and services or to improve existing products and services, and performing quality-control activities.
- Update and maintain customer, subscription or e-mail lists.
- Create a profile about you reflecting your personal preferences and, if applicable, purchasing behavior.
- Notify you about changes to our Services, products and services.
- With respect to Technical Information, fulfill the purposes described in the section above titled “Technical Information.”
- Respond to lawful requests for information through court orders, subpoenas, warrants and other legal processes or obligations.
- Enforce any contracts between you and us, including for billing and collection, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information.
- Serve any other purpose that we describe when you provide the information and for any other purpose with your consent.
Use of Personal Information for Marketing Purposes
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with marketing and promotional information about our products and services. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, do not complete any subscription forms made available via the Services.
Aggregated or De-Identified Data
We may convert or combine some Personal Information of users into de-identified or aggregated data that does not disclose any of the Personal Information of any individual user. We may use and disclose to third parties any such de-identified or aggregated data (including traffic and usage data that does not identify you personally) for any lawful purpose.
Tracking and “Do Not Track”
Our Services respect any “do not track” signals sent by your computer, browser or mobile device, and if your computer, browser or mobile device sends a “do not track” signal to our Services, our Services will not function as intended. For example, language preference will not be shown and our Portal will not be available. For more information on how to disable certain third-party tracking technologies, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out page at www.optout.networkadvertising.org/ and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Assistance page at www.youradchoices.com/choices.
We use Google Analytics to track and analyze certain traffic and usage statistics regarding the use of our Services, such as the number of visitors to our Services, how visitors are navigating to our Services, visitors’ general geographic region information, how long individuals are visiting our Services, and information about the equipment individuals are using to access our Services (e.g., browser version and operating system). Google Analytics may use a Google Analytics cookie and may collect your IP Address or Mobile Device ID as part of this service (but neither we nor Google Analytics otherwise collects or processes any of your Personal Information in connection with our use of the Google Analytics services). We use this traffic and usage information to gauge, internally, the effectiveness of our advertising efforts and to make improvements to our Services and our marketing and promotional efforts.
In addition, we use the following Google Analytics Advertising Features:
- Google Ads (an integrated service with Google Analytics)
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these features, we permit Google to collect certain additional traffic and usage data using a Google Advertising cookie and other identifiers not tied to your Personal Information. This information includes demographic information about our Services visitors and general information about our visitors’ interests, but does not identify our visitors individually. In fact, we are prohibited by Google policy from using this information to try to identify individual users and from merging non-personally identifiable information obtained from Google with Personal Information we otherwise have about you without obtaining your separate consent. We use the information collected through our use of the Google Analytics Advertising Features to segment our audience and to better target our advertising and marketing efforts (for example, targeting visitors from a certain geographic region with certain ads in Google search results that have previously shown a high degree of success for consumers in that region).
For more information, please review the following:
- Information about Google’s use of information from sites or apps that use Google’s services: www.policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
You can opt out of our use of certain Google Analytics features by updating the “Ads Settings” in your browser (www.adssettings.google.com/authenticated) or mobile device (www.support.google.com/ads/answer/1660762#mob), by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out page at www.optout.networkadvertising.org/, or by visiting Google’s currently available opt-outs over the web at www.tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not share your Personal Information with any third parties, and we only permit collection and use of your Personal Information internally by our own personnel, except in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose Personal Information to any contractors and other service providers who need to know such information to provide services to us that support our hosting, maintenance, operation and promotion of our Services and our permitted uses of Personal Information under this Policy, including without limitation, supporting our efforts to market and promote our products and services. For example, we may use a third party cloud-hosting infrastructure service provider (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure) to store certain of your Personal Information securely, we may use a provider of customer relationship management software to organize and track our communications with you, we may use certain third-party advertising service providers, and we use Google Analytics in connection with our Services as described above in the section titled “Google Analytics.”
- We may disclose Personal Information to a buyer or other successor to our business in the event of a sale of equity or assets, reorganization, merger, divestiture or a similar corporate transaction, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, and any due diligence review with respect to any such proposed transaction. We may disclose all forms of Personal Information described above under these circumstances.
- We may disclose Personal Information to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to meet national security and law enforcement requirements and to respond to any government or regulatory request or audit.
- We may disclose Personal Information to enforce or apply any legal agreements between us and you, including our Terms and Conditions of Purchase (Products and Services), or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers or others.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose disclosed when the information is provided, and for any other purpose with your consent.
The categories of Personal Information that we may disclose for the purposes described above include all of the categories of Personal Information that we collect about you, as described above.
Disclosures of Personal Information for Marketing Purposes
Currently, we do not provide any of your Personal Information to third parties to use for advertising, marketing or tracking purposes.
Sales of Personal Information
In the last 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and we will not do so in the future without separately obtaining your prior express consent.
Your Rights and Choices
You have certain choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may be unable to access our Services and/or certain parts or pages of our Services, or certain parts or features of our Services may not function properly. To learn more about cookies and how to disallow or manage them, go to www.allaboutcookies.org/.
If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used by us to contact you for marketing purposes, you can choose not to subscribe to any of our newsletters and you can opt out by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” or similar link in the most recent e-mail you received from us and by following the prompts that appear. This opt-out does not apply to information provided as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions (e.g., an order confirmation).
Requests to Know and Requests to Delete
You may request that we disclose to you certain information about (and, if requested, to receive a portable copy of) the Personal Information about you that we have collected and used in the past 12 months (a “Request to Know”), and may request that we delete the Personal Information about you that we have collected or that we maintain (a “Request to Delete”). You may submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete by calling us at 1-800-448-6688 or sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receipt of your Request to Know or Request to Delete, we will take steps to verify your identity in order to confirm that the person making the request is actually the person about whom we have collected Personal Information (i.e., that the “you” making the request is actually you). We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you:
- If you have a password-protected account on our Services, we will verify such requests by asking you to log in to your existing password-protected account and to re-authenticate yourself by re-entering your username and password. In this situation, even if you choose to submit your Request to Know or Request to Delete using the telephone number or e-mail address described above, we will respond (for verification purposes) by providing detailed instructions directing you to log in to your existing password-protected account on our Services and to re-authenticate yourself by re-entering your user name and password. Once you have verified your identity, you may use the self-service portal we have provided for you there to submit your Request to Know or Request to Delete.
- If you do not have a password-protected account on our Services, please note that we have only limited information about you. If your only contact with us has been to visit our Services and/or to contact us via our Services or otherwise, we verify such requests by asking users to send the Request to Know or Request to Delete to email@example.com. You will be required to verify your request by verifying certain Personal Information we have on file for you, and it is possible we may be unable to reasonably verify your request.
We will use reasonable endeavors to accommodate verifiable Requests to Know and Requests to Delete submitted in the manner described above within a reasonable timeframe after receiving such requests. In any event, we will comply with your Request to Know and Request to Delete to the extent and in the manner required by applicable law in your jurisdiction, but we may deny a request, in whole or in part, to the extent an exception applies under (or as otherwise permitted by) applicable law in your jurisdiction, including the CCPA. For example, we cannot and will not comply with a Request to Know or a Request to Delete if we cannot reasonably verify your identity in connection with your request.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make a Request to Know or Request to Delete on your behalf. To designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you or your authorized agent must submit proof that either (1) such agent has actually been authorized in writing to act on your behalf, or (2) you have provided the authorized agent with power of attorney under the applicable laws in your jurisdiction. You may submit such proof by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a duly-designated authorized agent makes a Request to Know or Request to Delete on your behalf, we will still require you to verify your own identity using the process described above, unless an exception applies under applicable law in your jurisdiction (for example, you have submitted verifiable proof to us that you have provided the authorized agent with power of attorney).
No Differential Treatment
If you choose to exercise any of the rights described in this section, you will not receive differential treatment by us as a result (e.g., different prices or quality of services), except to the extent permitted by applicable law (including if those differences are reasonably related to the value of your Personal Information).
Users Outside of the United States
Our Services are hosted in the United States and is provided from the United States. It is possible that certain information will be stored on servers in multiple other countries on the “cloud” or other similar distributed hosting platforms. If you are a resident of any country other than the United States, please note that by providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States and other jurisdictions and to our use and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
If you are a resident (an “E.U. Resident”) of the European Union, the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom (collectively, the “E.U. Countries”), please read this section carefully for more information about our collection, processing and transfer of your Personal Information and your rights related to such activities.
A. Legal Basis for Processing
If you are an E.U. Resident, we have the legal right to collect, process, use, and retain your Personal Information (“E.U. Personal Information”) in the ways described in this Policy, based on your consent, the need to use your E.U. Personal Information to provide you with goods or services that you have requested, and our legitimate interests in furthering our existing relationship with you or preventing fraud. Accordingly, you have a contractual rather than a statutory obligation to provide such information. If you do not provide such information, you may be unable to use our Services and we may be unable to provide any products or services that you request.
B. Transfers of Your E.U. Personal Information to the United States
In connection with our collection and use of your E.U. Personal Information, we may transfer all or certain portions of your E.U. Personal Information to our servers in the United States and/or to our third-party service providers in the United States. Please note that the governing bodies in your jurisdiction have determined that the laws of the United States do not provide adequate protection for your E.U. Personal Information. Accordingly, we are transferring your E.U. Personal Information from your country to the United States based on your explicit consent, and you acknowledge and agree that we may collect, use and disclose your E.U. Personal Information, both before and after such transfer, in accordance with this Policy.
C. Storage of Your E.U. Personal Information
We securely store your E.U. Personal Information at Salesforce data center NA127 Washington DC, USA (North) / Washington DC, USA (South), and information hosted by Optimizely is stored on AWS US East Region (N. Virginia), USA. We will keep such information for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain your E.U. Personal Information will depend on any legal obligations we have (such as tax recording purposes), the nature of any contracts we have in place with you, the existence of your consent or our legitimate interests as a business.
D. Your E.U. Privacy Rights
If you are an E.U. Resident, you will have the following additional rights with respect to your E.U. Personal Information (your “E.U. Privacy Rights”):
- If we intend to disclose your E.U. Personal Information to any third party that will have the right to process your E.U. Personal Information, we will enter into a contract with that third party that provides that your E.U. Personal Information may be processed only for limited and specified purposes consistent with the consent that you have provided to us, and that the third party must provide the same level of protection for your E.U. Personal Information that we are obligated to provide under this Policy. In addition, we will notify you if that third party will have the right to determine the purposes for which it will process your E.U. Personal Information and the means it will use to process your E.U. Personal Information (rather than just providing requested assistance to us in support of our permitted uses of your E.U. Personal Information). In certain situations, we may be required to disclose your E.U. Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If we are processing your E.U. Personal Information based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent before your withdrawal. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide our Services or our other products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- You may restrict our use and processing of your E.U. Personal Information by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com, if you have contested the accuracy of that information, if the processing is unlawful or if we no longer need such information for the purposes for which it was collected. We will then store your E.U. Personal Information and process it only with your consent, or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim or to protect the rights of others. The restriction with respect to information claimed to be inaccurate would end if we verify the accuracy of that contested information.
- We do not collect, store or process sensitive information related to your racial or ethnic identity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health (including genetic and biometric data), sex life or sexual orientation (“E.U. Sensitive Information”). We will not use or disclose any of your E.U. Sensitive Information without your explicit consent, subject to certain limited exceptions. Should we wish to make any such use or disclosure, we will notify you by e-mail and will request that you authorize such use or disclosure by responding to the e-mail with your explicit consent.
- We may create a profile to analyze or predict your personal preferences or interests solely related to your use of our Services and for the purposes described in this Policy. We do not otherwise create profiles to analyze or predict your performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements. We do not make any decision about you that would have legal consequences or similarly significant effects on you based solely on automated decision-making, including the use of profiles.
- Upon our receipt of your request by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and our verification of your identity, we will advise you whether we are processing E.U. Personal Information concerning you and, if so, will provide you with a copy of your E.U. Personal Information being processed and certain information about the nature and purposes of the processing. If your E.U. Personal Information is used for automated decision-making, we will provide you with summary information on the logic being used and the types of decisions being made. You may correct, amend or delete any such E.U. Personal Information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Upon your request, we will erase any of your E.U. Personal Information that is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected or that is being used for direct marketing purposes, or if our use is based on your consent and you withdraw that consent, or if we have made such E.U. Personal Information public. We will not erase such information, however, to the extent it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim or another exception applies under applicable law in your jurisdiction.
- Our Services may be used by E.U. Residents between the ages of 13 and 16 only with parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received E.U. Personal Information from an E.U. Resident under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. In addition, if you are an E.U. Resident under the age of 16 and we have collected your E.U. Personal Information to provide goods or services to you for a fee, we will erase that E.U. Personal Information upon request.
- If we are using your E.U. Personal Information on the basis of your consent and we change our Policy to permit any use or disclosure of your E.U. Personal Information that is materially different than the uses for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you, we will obtain your consent before we make such further uses of your E.U. Personal Information.
You will not have to pay a fee to exercise any of your E.U. Privacy Rights. We may, however, charge a reasonable fee if a request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in those circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and to ensure your right to exercise your E.U. Privacy Rights. This is a security measure to ensure that your E.U. Personal Information is not disclosed to a person who does not have a right to receive it.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within a reasonable timeframe. Occasionally, it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information you provide to a third-party website or the information practices used by any third-party website, including links to any third-party website from our Services. We make no representations, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, privacy, safety, security, or the information practices of any third-party website. The inclusion of a link to a third-party website on our Services does not constitute any type of endorsement of the linked site by us. We are not responsible for any loss or damage you may sustain resulting from your use of any third-party website or any information you share with a third-party website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age, and no one under the age of 16 may provide any information to us or others on or using our Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years of age, do not use our Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, IP Address, or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Our Services use 256-bit encryption between the website server and all users ensuring that any data submitted to the Services are protected and secure. Any Personal Information you provide to us is stored on our servers behind firewalls, encrypted and will require two-factor authentication to access.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. When we have given you (or when you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we have implemented security measures that we think are adequate, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or using our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Services.
We post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we collect and use Personal Information (including with respect to the categories of Personal Information we collect), we will notify you by e-mail to the primary e-mail address specified in your account if you are a registered user. In addition, we will not use your Personal Information for additional purposes beyond those disclosed in this Policy without obtaining your consent.
The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting our Services and this Policy to check for any changes.
We are Garlock Sealing Technologies LLC, a North Carolina limited liability company. To ask questions or to submit comments about this Policy and our privacy practices, you may contact us:
- Via E-mail (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via Telephone: +1-800-448-6688, ask for Marketing Department
- Via Postal Mail: 1666 Division Street, Palmyra, NY 14522, Attn: Marketing