A History of Innovation
At Garlock, we pride ourselves on developing solutions, not just products. That means fostering a culture of innovation that springs from a deep understanding of our customers’ industries and their unique sealing challenges. From there, our materials and applications engineers set to work developing the material combinations and designs that best meet those needs.
Garlock maintains some of the most advanced industrial sealing research and development facilities in the world. From materials development to product design, we never stop looking for ways to better meet our customers’ needs.
Throughout our 125-year history, this approach to product innovation has led to numerous game-changing technologies that delivered unprecedented value, longevity, and reliability for our customers.
We first revolutionized the industry with the formulation of GYLON® restructured PTFE gaskets over 50 years ago and have since continued introducing ground-breaking products, including:
- GYLON EPIX® - The Next Generation in PTFE Gaskets
- PUR-GARD™ - FDA compliant, metal detectable and x-ray inspectable
- FLOOD-GARD™ - Bearing Isolators for Fully Flooded Applications
- TUFF-RAIL® 3504 - PTFE with aluminosilicate microspheres
We understand and champion the drive for a reduced carbon footprint both at our customers’ facilities and our own manufacturing plants. As such, we continually work to introduce products that are environmentally friendly while also meeting our customers’ sealing objectives. Two of these solutions are:
- Compression packing Style 212-ULE (Ultra-Low Emissions), which easily meets emissions standards of less than 100ppm and is made with functional, environmentally friendly packaging.
- Compression packing HYDRA-JUST® Sealing System that conserves valuable water resources in pump sealing applications.
Garlock is also focused on the creation of a more environmentally sustainable workplace as a whole. Since 2005, Garlock has invested over $35 million USD in renovating our Palmyra, NY, location, including the deconstruction of over 200,000 sq.ft. of outdated buildings, replacement of inefficient wastewater treatment plants, and restoration of valuable wetland on campus.
We have constructed two new, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities that incorporate natural gas, heat recovery, managed HVAC systems, excellent insulation, and over 180,000 sq.ft of energy saving, white reflective roofing.
Rest assured that preserving the beauty and resources of our planet is of great importance to everyone at Garlock.