Polytop Sets have found widespread popularity due to their unique set configurations and high sealing efficiency. A Garlock Polytop CHEVRON® set utilizes both squeeze and multiple lip type seals. Used in a set configuration, these two proven designs combine to provide maximum sealing performance.
Garlock Polytop Seal Sets provide excellent sealing efficiency. Unlike typical V-sets, Polytop Sets need no axial preload or adjustment after startup, virtually eliminating the fear of catastrophic failure. Compounded from the highest quality urethane, the GARTHANE® 9220 U-Seal is strong and abrasion-resistant. In the Polytop configuration, it replaces the traditional top adapter used with vee sets and provides an additional sealing lip.The fabric and rubber composition of Garlock 432 CHEVRON® provides a strong, yet flexible sealing system that dampens any pressure surges.
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- The best properties of each component improve sealability
- Combined styles react better to varying pressure conditions
- Individual components do not cause equipment damage
- Longer life, fewer repacks
- Less chance of costly premature failure
- Reduces expensive downtime and wear on spare parts
- Max. Temperature: 180°F / 82°C
- Max. Pressure: 3500 PSI / 242 bar
- Min Shaft: 0.188 in. / 4.78 mm
- Max Shaft: 36 in. / 91.44 cm